Friday, June 30, 2006

Truth, Justice, and the PC Way!


You've probably heard, the new
Superman movie
has done away with the coolest slogan in comic book history,"Truth, Justice and the American Way". Even worse, the "American Way" has been replaced with "All That Stuff". All that stuff? The new credo is ambiguious to the point of insulting. Since when does Superman stand for stuff?One could see why a movie may want to avoid the politcal controversy of the War, but what could possibly be harmful with "the American Way"? Is patriotism really so toxic to the lefties in Hollywood that they can't bring themselves to admit that truth and Justice are the American way?

4 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

I think I'll skip this movie.

June 30, 2006  
Blogger kevin said...

I know, it's too bad because I probably would've seen it if not for the reviews I've read.

July 01, 2006  
Blogger Brooke said...

You know, I saw it and "that stuff" didn't even register untill I read your blog! My hubby also pointed out that he was drinking beer in one scene ( A big Superman no-no!), and then there was the whole illegitimate kid sub-plot.... I think my opinion is starting to change! I left the theatre thinking it was a pretty good action flick, but now I kinda feel ripped off!

July 01, 2006  
Blogger kevin said...

I'm sure it's a well made movie, the only point of the post is Hollywood's attitude towards the traditions Americans care about.

July 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home